Now in the 10th year, this event is a favorite of all North Carolina trail runners. We have seem blazing fast times but don’t be fooled the course isn’t a walk in the park. The race is also perfect for the beginner trail runner because of the gorgeous scenery. The backdrop for the race is Bur Mil which is a great place for the family to come spend the day in the park while you are off running in the woods. Bur Mil has 3 par golf course, driving range, great playground and nature center.
The event has 3 races including half marathon, marathon and 40 mile. The Marathon and 40 also feeture a relay division so grab a couple of buddies on take on this race as a relay.
We have a great post race feast and beer awaiting all finishers. The race medals and race shirts are also sure to be among the best you’ve seen.
Bur Mil Park offers miles of hiking and biking trails set against Lake Brandt. This course has it’s share of rocks, roots, hills, twists and turns. The course is typical of most hiking/mountain bike trails in the area. We have all the course details under the Course page.
Course Time Limits
Half Marathon: 5 Hours
Marathon: 8 Hour time limit (18:00 minute per mile pace)
40 Mile Run: 12 hour time limit (18:00 minute per mile pace)
Please see the COURSE section for details on the course, special needs drop bags for 40 mile runners, and relay handoff points.
Oct in North Carolina is usually perfect for running. Average October Temperatures: Low 47° / High 68°. But be warned heat can be an issue. Temps could be in the 80s
Sunrise 7:19 AM / Sunset 6:55 PM
- There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- No pacing or companion runners allowed. Unregistered runners are not allowed.
- Anyone running as a bandit will be disqualified from this and future races.
- Numbers must be worn on the front and be clearly visible at all times.
- Runners must follow the marked trail.
- You can switch distances at any time prior to race day. 40 Mile Runners have the option to switch down to the marathon during the event (at approx the 12 mile mark is the 40 turnoff).
- No littering on the trail. Anyone littering on the trail will risk disqualification from this and future races.
- We will deliver a Special Needs bags of yours (you provide bag and supplies) on the course at 2 locations. See COURSE for details
Not ready to tackle the race on your own. Grab some friends and run as a relay. Relays are great for running clubs, corporate teams and just a nunch of drinking buddies that want a workout before eating pizza and beer. All the details on relay distances and haldoff points is in the COURSE section
- Half Marathon: $40 through 10/19, $45 10/20 – race day
- Marathon: $55 through 10/19, $65 10/20 – race day
- 40 Miler: $65 through 10/19, $75 10/20 – race day
- Marathon Relay: $30/person through 10/19, $35 10/20 – race day (teams can range from 2-5 runners)
- 40 Mile Relay: $30/person through 10/19, $35 10/20 – race day (teams can range from 2-8 runners)
T-shirts can NOT be guaranteed if registering after October 10, 2014
- Date: Friday October 24 – 12:00 noon – 7:00pm
- Fleet Feet Greensboro
- 3731 Lawndale Dr, Greensboro, NC 27455
- Date: Saturday October 25 – 6:30am – 7:30am (Race Morning)
- Location: Bur-Mil Park
- 6:30 AM – Park Opens
- 7:30 AM – Late Packet Pickup Closes
- 8:00 AM – Race Start Half Marathon
- 8:05 AM – Race Start Marathon/40 Miler
- Due to the length of the event(s) we will have several small awards ceremony following each event
All Finishers will receive a custom Triple Lakes race medal
- Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female in the Half Marathon, Marathon, 40 Mile
- Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female in each age group
- Top Relay Teams
Age Groups: 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Race Director reserves the right to combine age groups.
- Race entry includes a custom designed gender specific race shirt.
- Shirts are Gender specific size.
- You MUST register by September 15th to guarentee a shirt.